Customer TestimonialRead more
What you need to know about cover for your dog
- You can start insurance for most dogs from 8 weeks up to their 8th birthday. For certain breeds of dogs (Click to view) - insurance can start from 8 weeks up to their 5th birthday.
- Once insured, cover may be continued for the rest of your dogs life.
You must take proper and reasonable care of your pet, including regular annual check-ups and vaccinations with licensed products as recommended by your vet and maintaining your pet's body weight within a normal range (as recognised by your vet)
- You can start your dog's cover immediately online or over the phone, but cover for illness does not commence until 14 days afterwards and cover for loss of your dog does not commence until 14 days afterwards.
- Our policy provides access to a 24/7 helpline called Petcall.
- Whenever you are worried about your dog, you can speak to a qualified Vet Nurse who will listen to your concerns and provide an immediate source of expert advice, any time of the day or night.
- Petcall is a service that's included with your policy. Calling them immediately offers you peace of mind with the knowledge that your dog is directed to the most appropriate level of care. Calling for advice could help you avoid incurring the cost of the policy excess - so we help your dog and your pocket!
- You pay an excess for each condition claimed and for Lifetime policies you pay this per policy year. For Third Party Liability claims the excess is the first £250 of any compensation, costs or damages awarded by a court for property which has been damaged.
- We cannot provide cover for preventative treatment such as routine vaccinations, for cosmetic or voluntary treatment such as neutering for non medical reasons, or for pregnancy.
- We cannot provide cover for treating any illness that is preventable by vaccination and you failed to vaccinate.
- Cover for some conditions may be restricted for dogs with a history of illness or showing clinical signs before your policy start date.
- Dental treatment is normally excluded except where specifically to relieve suffering provided the dog has been insured under this policy for at least two years.
- We do not pay for the treatment of deciduous teeth if the insured dog was 16 weeks or over at the start date of your policy.
- All policies are subject to special conditions and exclusions of the Insurers.
In addition to the information above, the Premier, Classic and Vital Policy Summary & Full Policy,Standard and Standard Plus Policy Summary & Full Policy, Essential Policy Summary & Full Policy are also available.