Latest News

Lines are closed.
Please call back when we are open

Mon/Fri: 8.30am - 6pm


Vets save pup from teddy bear danger


Monday March 21st 2016

Just like most human children, many puppies love playing with cuddly toys.

But Honey the French Mastiff got a lot more than she bargained for when she began toying with a stuffed teddy.

For the pup became seriously ill after swallowing the six-inch long toy polar bear and has only survived thanks to the skill of vets.

Honey's owner took her pet to an animal hospital in New Mexico when she became ill and officials initially thought she was suffering from an infection in her womb.

But with the dog's condition deteriorating vets eventually discovered that the cause of her discomfort was the cuddly toy lodged in her intestine.

Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Humane Society vets performed an emergency operation to remove the toy and Honey, who is thought to have swallowed it about a week earlier, is now back at home with her owner and well on the road to recovery.

Copyright Press Association 2016